- Dementia Society of America dementiasociety.org
- Alzheimer’s Association alz.org
- Eldercare Locater www.eldercare.acl.gov or (800) 677-1116 A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- The Friendship Line (800) 971-0016 National 24-hour support for lonely, isolated, depressed, frail and/or suicidal seniors.
- Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired www.hadley.edu or (800) 323-4238 Hadley Institute promotes independent living through lifelong, distance education programs (online courses) for individuals who are blind or visually impaired, their families, and blindness service providers.
- VisionAware www.visionaware.org VisionAware is an easy to use, informational website for adults with vision loss, their families, friends, and the providers who serve them. VisionAware offers practical information about living with vision loss, support groups, eye conditions, and services available throughout the country.
- Memory Cafe (Alzheimer’s support group in Sterling, VA)
- Well Connected is a free phone and online program offering activities, education, friendly conversation, and an assortment of classes and support groups to older adults ages 60 and above that are accessible from the comfort of home. Well Connected participants can play a game, learn a language, write a poem, go on a virtual tour, meditate, share a gratitude, get support, and most importantly, connect and engage with others every day across the country. All groups are accessible by phone and many are accessible online. Formerly known as Senior Center Without Walls, Well Connected is a Community Service of Covia and is free of charge to all participants.
- Dementia Unplugged (webcast featuring Education and Conversation) Starting January, 2019 Jeannine Forrest, Ph.D., R.N. of Through the Forrest, LLC will facilitate and lead a live webcast twice-monthly for care-partners impacted by Dementia from early stage through end-of-life. Every month a new Dementia-related topic will be presented with the intention to inform & provide practical guidance. Click here to sign up for reminders through the Dementia Society of America.