Being engaged in creative activities isn’t just fun and rewarding, it’s actually good for us on many levels! It builds resilience and helps us thrive amidst life’s challenges, enhancing our well-being:
- inspires hope
- fosters creativity
- calms anxieties
- nurtures and stimulates memory
- boost self-esteem
- promotes movement
- strengthens mental focus
- encourages lifelong learning and discovery
- instills a deep sense of joy and pride!
Join an Art Class and experience these benefits yourself!
Arts & Wellness
Arts & Aging
- “The Creative Age: Awakening Human Potential in the Second Half of Life”, Gene D. Cohen, MD, PhD, 2000.
- “I’m Still Here: A New Philosophy of Alzheimer’s Care”, John Zeisel, PhD, 2009.
- “How Arts Participation Benefits Older Adults”, Creativity Matters: The Arts and Aging Toolkit, 2007. Starting on page 15. https://www.nationalguild.org/files/resources/public/creativity-matters-the-arts-and-aging-toolkit.pdf
- Summary of a National Academies Workshop, “Research Gaps and Opportunities for Exploring the Relationship of the Arts to Health and Well-Being in Older Adults”, 2012, https://www.arts.gov/sites/default/files/Arts-and-Aging-Building-the-Science.pdf